Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chicken Veggie Soup

This is a easy breezy comfort soup.
Yesterday I was in need of some comfort food that would take the chill off and make me feel warm n cozy.
This soup like many soups I make are actually thrown together with just a few ingredients & a afternoon of simmer time.( the amounts are a guesstimate)

Ingredients :
1 Pkg Organic Chicken (bone in-2 breast 4 legs)skin removed on the all except 2 legs)
1 Large Organic Onion chopped in chunks
8 Organic Carrots peeled & chopped in chunks
8 Organic Celery chopped in chunks
6 Lg Kale leaves stems removed chopped up
1 Large Turnip pealed chopped in chunks
1 Tsp - Basil Thyme Oregano & Sea Salt
1 Very Large Pot

Saute Onions in little of Olive oil (being careful not to burn oil)
Add spices
add water to 1/2 way full - place chicken in it and bring to boil cover n simmer for 2-3 hrs
take chicken out cool it down and take off of bones into chunks and set back in pot and simmer 30 min or so - then add all veggies and fill the rest of pot w water to 3/4 full cover and simmer until veggies are tender

Happy Eating
Sandra

* you could add brown rice if you wanted







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers