Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Monday, September 10, 2012

(Vegan) Chocolate Chip Cookies

OK so Ive been hiding from what I don't know but I'm out from under my rock to get a few recipes
I've cooked up over the past few months.
I have been doing more gluten free as it seems it helps me feel better.

For starters here's the Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies I think are out of this world.
I started with a basic choc chip cookie from my moms recipes but have changed it up so much I can truly call this mine.
 I find that if you bake until browning on the edges and cool on pan then they will stay together without having to use xanthan gum or guar gum etc. ( secret is ground flax seed)
*Organic everything when possible




~Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies~

mix 1 -set aside
11/4 cup gluten free oat flour
1/4 cup gluten free oats
(make sure its the shredded looking oats there are 2 kinds in like packaging)
11/4 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
                                                    1 tsp sea salt

mix 2 -

2 TB ground flax seed plus 6 TB water(set aside a few min to let flax seed activate)
then add
1 cup applesauce plus 4 TB light olive oil
1 tsp vanilla

mix 3 (to 2)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar

then mix all

after mixing well add
1/2 bag of mini chocolate chips (the only thing that keeps this pkg from saying vegan is that it is done in a factory where it has other items that "could" have a minute possibility of other foods touch it - highly unlikely you be your own judge)
1 cup chopped walnuts
sprinkle tops w/ raw sugar before baking

 use brown parchment paper on cookie sheets and bake 350* for approx.12 minutes or until edges are golden toasty brown
bake n freeze

~Happy Eating~
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers