Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

GF Almond Butter Oat bars

Here is a protein bar that is super delish and serves as a quick energy boost before or after a workout or maybe even for breakfast.
It is really a double batch but you can cut in 1/2 and put in a 8x8 pan .
I like my oblong 7'x11'...I know its a weird shape but that's what I have and like.
I bake it @ 350* for 20 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown .
LET COOL COMPLETELY before cutting.
Cut into squares or rectangles whatever your like just enough for a nice serving of energy.
I really didn't want to post a picture of this because it really doesn't do it justice but because we are a visual driven people hopefully you can look past the cruddy camera quality.
they are YUMMY !!!


~Almond Butter Oat Bars*~
mix
2/3 cup Almond Butter
1/2 cup Vermont Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree or Applesauce
4 TB Light Olive Oil or Grape seed Oil
2 tsp Vanilla
6 TB Ground Flax Seed
2 TB Toasted Sesame Seeds (mixed in )
mix in
3 cups of GLUTEN FREE OATS**(there are 2 kinds regular and chopped - chopped works best)
1/2 cup Raisins
1/2 cup Chopped Raw Pumpkin Seeds (no shells)
1/2 Vegan Choc Chips
2 TB Toasted Sesame Seeds sprinkled on top

spread in light olive oil greased baking dish
350* 15 -20 min until golden edges
let cool then cut

*always organic when possible
** some people still can not have Gluten Free Oats as they may be super sensative to it .
Check with your Doctor for your specific limitations.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers