Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Healthy Chocolate Chunk Cookies

This recipe Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies I found on the Gluten Free site gluten-free-desserts.com/recipes.
I changed it to make them even a bit more healthier .
I will dub them 
Healthy Chocolate Chunk Cookies




1 cup Arrowhead Mills organic brown rice flour
1 cup Arrowhead Mills organic buckwheat flour
1/4 cup Bobs Red Mills tapioca starch
1 1/2 tsp Trader Joe baking powder (aluminum free)
3/4 cup Trader Joe organic sugar
3/4 cup Trader Joe organic brown sugar
1 cup Trader Joe organic no sugar added applesauce(approx.12 tablespoons )
4 tablespoons Fresh and Easy light olive oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
2 tablespoons of Bobs Red Mills ground flax seed - 6 tablespoons of water (set aside in small bowl to soak a few minutes)
2 3.5 oz Trader Joe's organic dark chocolate candy bars chopped into chunks
1 cup chopped organic Trader Joe walnuts

mix dry ingredients (except choc. chunks and walnuts)
mix wet ingredients (except flax seed mix set aside in small bowl)
add flax seed mix to wet ingredients
mix dry to wet ingredients

add walnuts and choc chunks
drop with a spoon onto parchment paper (unbleached chlorine free) lined cookie sheet
sprinkle top with raw sugar

bake @*350 for 12 minutes or until golden brown
*oven may vary please check a@ 9 or 10 minutes

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

* pictures used are of my baked cookies
*as always use organic ingredients when possible

*ingredients changed
1 cup canola oil
12 oz choc chips
1/2 teaspoon water
2 eggs
baking powder



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers